GLOBAL LEADER IN WAREHOUSE SCALE VR ENTERTAINMENT ZERO LATENCY, OPENS IN BRISTOL
‘The future of video games, arcades and amusement thrills all in one’ CNET
‘The best, most captivating, immersive and present virtual reality experience that I have ever tried’ GIZMODO
‘This surreal multiple player experience is the world’s most advanced, free-roaming virtual reality’ FORBES
- The world’s first free-roam, multiplayer virtual reality [VR] entertainment experience is set to delight Bristol and the South West as ZERO LATENCY, the global leader in warehouse scale VR entertainment, selects Bristol to continue its UK expansion.
- The social VR experience brings socialising with friends to a new dimension; battling zombies in a survival game, intergalactic firefights in space and solving puzzles in fantastical alien worlds.
- meetspaceVR featuring Zero Latency’s seventh UK site opened ready for the Easter weekend MeetspaceVR, Dixon Road Studio, Unit 1&2 Bonville Business Estate, Dixon Rd, Bristol, BS4 5QQ.
- Tickets for Zero Latency are available to be pre-booked at www.meetspacevr.co.uk from £19.95 per person with off-peak pricing available during the week.
Zero Latency created the world’s first free-roaming, multiplayer VR entertainment experience and is now set to captivate the heart of Bristol, as revolutionary social VR gaming company Zero Latency, brings its concept through meetspaceVR to one of the UK’s largest hubs of creative media talent. The launch of this new experience in Bristol further centralises Bristol’s influence in the gaming industry as a cultural hub.
The deeply immersive social VR experiences brings socialising with friends to a new dimension; battling zombies in a survival game, intergalactic firefights in space and solving puzzles in fantastical alien worlds.
Players enter the arena equipped with headsets, headphones, and a gun (for shooter games) to navigate their full-motion avatars through the Ready Player One-like worlds. Senses are heightened as gamers manoeuvre through the hyper-realistic virtually generated world, all while set in a 200 sqm free roam VR arena.
Pioneers and global leaders in warehouse scale and multiplayer reality gaming, Zero Latency are revitalising social gaming by offering visitors next generational group entertainment, enhanced with world leading free-roam VR. Unlike other VR experiences, where you play solo in a confined area whilst tethered to a computer or cords, players can freely roam the arena, explore and fight together.
Perfect for first time gamers and thrill-seekers alike, games feature advanced storytelling, ultra-realistic enemies and epic final boss battles. Games become ultra-competitive as groups are ranked against one another based on their skillset; number of kills and deaths.
Bristol will host Zero Latency’s full game product offering including:
- FARCRY VR – Fight your way across Rook Islands’ vast environments. Come face-to-face with Vaas as you and your group dive deeper and deeper into the jungle. You’re about to discover the definition of insanity.
- Zombie Survival – Picture this: you’re bunkered in a fort and surrounded by a mass of zombies. Can you stay alive until the rescue team arrives? An experience for thrill seekers.
- Outbreak Origins – Prepare yourself for epic battles. A deadly virus is wreaking havoc, causing hordes of zombies to take over the city. The dead are walking and your squad needs to do something quick!
- Singularity – Ever wondered how you’d fair against killer robots and rogue drones? You and your mates will investigate a secret military space station and take on the Terminators.
- Engineerium – Perfect for first-timers and virtual reality experimenters. Ease you and your mates into VR through this avatar-like, fantasy world that combines platform and maze challenges.
- And more…
Opening of the new site in Bristol, was selected by CEO John Lilley who has been involved in teaching children code in Bristol through his business Junior Game Creators over many years.
John Lilley, Chief Experience Officer at meetspaceVR said “We’re delighted to bring Zero Latency to Bristol, one of the UK’s cultural hubs for creative arts and culture.
I’ve been promising our Junior Game Creators we would arrive in Bristol soon and it’s been my ambition to open a store in the city as promised. There’s a growing appetite for cutting-edge socially engaging VR experiences and the games we offer cater to a wide audience from avid-gamers to first time visitors, but at the heart of every game is the key aspect that gaming is better when played together.
We look forward to welcoming everyone to escape the everyday and can’t wait to watch players battle against zombies and sacrifice their friends so that they can win! you’ll soon learn who the screamer is in your squad!”
An innovation success story, Zero Latency is the first company in the world to launch warehouse scale free-roaming VR. Founded in 2014, the company now has over 70 venues in 26 countries and so far there have been more than 2 million free-roam Zero Latency VR game plays worldwide.
meetspaceVR’s Zero Latency Bristol branch will open ready for the Easter long weekend. Tickets can be pre-booked at www.meetspacevr.co.uk.
About Zero Latency:
Zero Latency is the pioneer and global leader in out-of-home free-roam VR entertainment. The Melbourne, Australia, based company has constructed warehouse-scale VR game arenas that focus on a social gaming experience.
Zero Latency currently has over 70 venues operating across 26 countries. In 2016, Zero Latency was named by Fast Company as one of the Top 10 Most Innovative Gaming companies.