- Free Roam Virtual Reality (FRVR) services
- Booking services, website, player account, and survey functionality on the domain of https://www.zerolatencyvr.com/
Zero Latency regards customer privacy as an important part of our relationship with our customers. If you have any questions about this policy please contact us as per the Contact section of this document.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We generally collect or receive your information in three ways:
- When you voluntarily provide information - such as when making a booking, create your player profile, play our experiences, or sign up for email updates;
- Automatic recording of your information - such as through cookies or our games; and
- Information collected from third parties - analytics and advertising third parties may provide your information to assist in marketing activities.
Please note: We generally only ask you for your personal information to provide the services you request. You can always choose to not provide the information, and you can also request we delete your information, however in some instances, choosing not to provide the information and/or deleting your personal information will mean that we are not able to provide the services you have requested, such as booking and/or playing a game.
- Information you provide
Your information is collected when you enter or otherwise provide it as per the below. The information we collect may change, as the services and features we offer may change over time, however the following are examples of what information you may provide to us:
- Your name, email, language, and phone number (when making a booking)
- In addition to the above, your player display name, date of birth, dominant hand, height, gender, and postcode (when creating a player account to play our games)
- Images and video, and voice recordings being taken for security or promotional purposes of yourself, your children or of children for whom you are responsible
- Your feedback and ratings (when completing a survey)
- Your enquiries or support requests, including your message and account or order details (when you contact us with an enquiry or request help)
- You don’t have to share this information with us, however, it may be required in order to book or play our FRVR games.
Please note, when you play a game some of your information will be publicly accessible to others, such as your player display name and your game performance statistics (Such as on the public scoreboard at the end of a game within the facility where you played only).
- your player display name,
- images, video, and audio of yourself while playing (in game) or in the venue (such as in player highlight videos or promotional marketing material)
- your game performance statistics (such as on the public scoreboard at the end of a game within the venue where you played or your game results on our website).
- Automatic recording of your information
Some information is collected automatically when you visit our website or play our games, such as from web browsers, cookies, log files, and related technology.
The information collected is typically aggregated and used as statistical data to determine trends among a group of players, instead of being used to identify individuals.
- The venue location of your booking.
- The location of your device, such as from your IP address.
- Website behavior information, such as the website pages you've visited, which website you came from before or went to after, and what device you were using.
- Game play information, such as the games you have played, when you have played, how many times you have played, and your game performance statistics.
- Error reports, such as if your equipment fails, or your game experiences and any related issues which may occur.
- Receive information from third parties
In some instances, your information is received and collected from third parties.
- Third parties who provide advertising (such as Facebook Business, Google Adwords or TikTok for Business), and
- Analytics tools (such as from Google Analytics), may provide us with your information to support our marketing activities, advertising campaigns, and the improvement of services.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Your information is generally collected and used to provide you with the products and/or services you have requested, and to improve our levels of customer service:
- To satisfy your booking request and contact you if we have issues processing your order.
- To provide you with your player highlight videos: these videos are a recording of your gameplay in-game and yourself in the real world as you are playing, including a recording of your microphone.
- For security protocols, such as account login credentials.
- For legal compliance.
Your information may also be used for the following purposes:
- To develop and improve our products and services;
- To communicate with you to provide updates or information;
- To respond to your enquiries or support requests;
- To personalise your experience, remember your preferences, and pre-populate settings to streamline your experience;
- To provide you with news and promotional emails
- To provide staff development where you have provided feedback
Please note that numerous venues globally are run by Zero Latency’s third-party operators and business partners, some of whom may also use the Zero Latency brand.
We may share your personal information that we collect with our third-party operators and business partners who are operating Zero Latency’s Free Roam Virtual Reality (FRVR) systems globally. For example, we will share your player account and contact information with our third-party operators and business partners to allow you to use your player profile when you play at their venues, or for them to contact you about a booking.
Our third-party operators and business partners may also list non Zero Latency products for booking. Please note that we have no affiliation with these products, but, if booked via our booking system, we will share your personal information for the booking to allow them to satisfy your booking request and contact you if we or they have trouble processing your order.
We may also provide our third-party operators and business partners with information necessary to support any requests you have about your account history, such as bookings and game results, and your survey results to help them improve their quality of service.
With your consent and subject to their privacy policies, our third-party operators and business partners may also send you other communications related to their local venue operations, which you may opt out of at any time.
However, our third-party operators and business partners are also able to provide any additional privacy policies that oversee their use of your information in the Additional Policy at the bottom of this document.
Personal information that is not provided by Zero Latency or that you share with our third-party operators and business partners will be subject to their own privacy policies, and may not be subject to this policy. If you have any questions about the use of your personal information under their relevant privacy policies, you can ask the respective venue directly by speaking to their staff in person on site, or by contacting them directly. You will be able to find the contact details on their website.
STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION
Zero Latency is headquartered in Australia and our third-party operators and business partners operate venues internationally.
When you interact with our services mentioned at the beginning of this document you consent to the processing and temporary transfer of your information to countries where our FRVR venues are located.
Please note that, depending on your jurisdiction, the laws of Australia and other countries regarding governing data collection and data use may not be as comprehensive or protective as the laws of the country of your residence.
YOUR CONTROLS AND CHOICES
If you have an account with Zero Latency, you can access, update, or delete your account information at any time by sending us a request as per the Contact Us section of this policy.
You may also request access to a copy of your personal information, or for us to update or delete your personal information on your behalf. To make this request please contact us as per the Contact Us section in this document.
- Before we process your request for access, updating, or deletion of your information we may need to confirm your identity (such as asking you to provide us with an adequate amount of personally identifiable information).
- Your right to request access, update, or deletion may sometimes be limited. For example, we may need to retain a minimum amount of information for legal purposes.
If you opted in to receive news and promotional emails and subsequently decide you do not want to receive these, you can unsubscribe by following the instructions in the respective email. This will not apply to core communications, such as to notify you of a change to your booking.
You may change your internet browsers settings to block, manage, or delete cookies. This is more effective than any browser’s ‘do not track’ setting which all of our online services may currently not respond to. In some cases blocking or disabling cookies may cause our services (such as our website) to have reduced or affected functionality.
You may also seek to opt-out of the analytics and advertising provided by third parties on Zero Latency services at www.aboutads.info/choices/ and www.networkadvertising.org/choices/, or if you are located in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
You are not able to request to remove your player highlight video as it is a group video that involves other players. We are also unable to control or remove the video if it has been posted by other players you shared a session with onto social media.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We provide appropriate organisational, physical, and technical security measures to protect your information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, and modification. However please be aware that despite our best efforts no security measures are impervious and completely secure, and we can not guarantee the loss or misuse of your information. By agreeing to the policy you are acknowledging this risk.
If you are receiving email communications from Zero Latency, then you can opt-out at any time using the opt-out mechanism provided in the email.
Some examples of ways you may share information with third parties in relation to the scope of this document are:
- Links to external websites or services: Links on the Zero Latency website to external entities are not covered by this policy. The terms and conditions set out in this privacy statement only cover the domain name of www.zerolatencyvr.com ;
Please contact the third party directly with any queries.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of 13 and you believe they have provided information to Zero Latency that you are not content with, please contact us as per the contact section of this policy, and we will delete any information that may have been provided to us.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with judicial proceedings, court orders, and/or legal processes.
We have indicated at the top of this document when this e policy was last updated.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, or would like to enact any of your rights mentioned in this policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
Alternatively if you believe your matter is related to how one of our third-party operators and business partners is using your information, please contact them directly. You can find their contact information on their respective websites.
Note: The following policies are for, and the responsibility of, the specific venue you are booking for and/or playing at. These are not the responsibility of Zero Latency PTY LTD.